Air Conditioning Maintenance in Lake County FL
You perform preventative maintenance on your vehicles; you should do the same for your air conditioning system! Regular maintenance is the best way to make sure that your HVAC system is working the way it should, and to avoid break-downs when you need it most.
If your system is used for both heating and cooling, we recommend maintenance twice per year.
A thorough maintenance should include:
- Inspection of control box, including all wiring, accessories and connections.
- Check refrigerant level, adjust if needed.
- Watch for blocked drain openings in base pan; clean blockages if found.
- Look at fan motor and blades; noting wear and tear. Lubricate if needed.
- Note any damage in compressor or compressor tubing.
- Clean all dirt and debris found inside of cabinet.
- Inspect older-model motors, replacing fan belt if necessary.
- Look for blockage in all drain lines, and check evaporator coil. Clean.
- Remove dust and debris from blower housing unit.
- Inspect air filter; replace if necessary.
- Watch system while running, monitoring noises and smells.
- Check ductwork for leaks.
- Check ventilation system.
- Monitor system according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Prepare a detailed report, noting recommendations for repair or replacement.
Our expert technicians will provide you with an easy-to-understand report giving details of the condition of your climate control system, and will let you know if your system needs any repairs. It’s best to spot potential problems before they cause serious trouble on a 100-degree day!
On average, heating and cooling costs account for over 40 percent of your utility bill. A poorly maintained, inefficient HVAC system can put a huge dent in your budget!
No matter what type of climate control system you have in your home or place of business, you can save money by properly maintaining your equipment, and replacing it when necessary. There are also other steps you can take to further reduce energy costs, such as insulation, weatherization and adjusting thermostat settings. Our air conditioning experts can advise you on ways to increase your energy savings, as well as the comfort of everyone in your home or office.